XBMA SILICON VALLEY
International Roundtable Symposium on Tech and Other Disruptive M&A
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Paul Brest Hall, Stanford University
Palo Alto, California
The International Institute for the Study of Cross-Border Investment and M&A held
its sixth Roundtable Symposium on current issues in international cross-border mergers,
acquisitions and strategic investments, with a special focus this year on technology-related M&A.
The Symposium represents an effort by its founding universities, New York University, Peking
University and Cambridge, and affiliated professionals and companies, to foster
dialogue and connections among the world’s leading experts and thought leaders about key issues,
trends and developments in the global deal markets. The goal is to encourage pragmatic,
de-politicized analysis and study of the market dynamics that fuel business expansion
through M&A, and of the financial, legal, governmental and societal frameworks
that facilitate or hinder such activity.
The Symposium is open only to invited participants. The roundtable format is designed
to encourage participation by all attendees.
- Participant Biographies
- The New Paradigm - Martin Lipton, Founding Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- XBMA Report and Overview of the Tech M&A Markets - Ronald C. Chen, Partner, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and Raaj Narayan, Co-editor, XBMA Quarterly Review
- Striking Patterns and Trends Impacting Global M&A - Tim Payne, Senior Partner, Brunswick Group L.L.P.
- New Era of the Chinese Economy - Cai Hongbin, Dean, Chair of Economics, Hong Kong University
- The Great Shakeup and Implications for Cross-Border M&As - Liu Qiao, Dean and Professor of Finance, Peking University Guanghua School of Management